Jan Ehling, MLE
Partner / Attorney
Know how you will be attacked before your opponent does.Dr. Jan Ehling, MLE
Dr. Jan Ehling is an attorney and partner at the Frankfurt office of AGS Legal. Before AGS Legal was established, Dr. Ehling worked on the litigation/compliance team at an international commercial law firm. Most of his work targets the intersection between civil, criminal and corporate law.
Dr. Ehling regularly conducts internal investigations of corruption, fraud or breach of trust and advises clients on the best way to handle these cases for insurance purposes or from a civil or criminal law perspective. He specializes in establishing liability and attributing responsibility when suing or defending officers, directors or insurance companies. In addition, Dr. Ehling advises clients on developing and improving compliance systems and regularly conducts training courses on this topic.
In addition to this criminal law focus, Dr. Ehling regularly represents clients in complex legal disputes, particularly in industrial and D&O liability and in commercial and corporate litigation.
- Listed as “name of the next generation” for compliance and internal investigations
Legal 500, 2017/18, 2018/19
- “Insurance coverage for compliance,” Betriebs Berater, Issue 29, 2018, p. 1610 ff.
- Commentary to the German Civil Code Prütting/Wegen/Weinreich, co-author for the “international insurance law” section
- Billing fraud and fictitious invoices in the project business, Zeitschrift für Baurecht 2017, 1275
- German Federal Public Procurement Chamber: How is reliability restored after a cartel agreement?
- Zeitschrift für deutsches und internationales Bau- und Vergaberecht 2015, 822
- Fraudulent intent beats liability disclaimer - “no punches pulled” in the warranty trial, Betriebs Berater 2013, 2955 (with Dr. Jan Kappel)
- Bid rigging: not a minor infraction! Zeitschrift für Immobilien & Baurecht 2012, 693
- Invitation to the business lounge? – Risk of criminal liability when extending or accepting invitations in business, Betriebs Berater 2012, 2517 (with Wendelin Acker)
- Higher Regional Court of Celle: responsibility, alternatives, supervisory actions, prompt complaint, administrative offense, management function, independent administrative fine and revocation proceedings, BeckRS 2012, 11986
- How much penalty is enough? German companies caught between the UK Bribery Act, FCPA and the German Criminal Code. Betriebs Berater 2011, 2115 (with Dr. Jan Kappel)
- Dissertation Jan Ehling, Insurance and re-insurance for pharmaceutical risks in a national and international relationship. Zeitschrift für Versicherungsrecht 2011, 1119
- The test subject contract
- Zeitschrift für Medizinrecht 2008 (with Marcus Vogeler)
- Suitability and unsuitability in pharmaceutical liability, PatR 2007, 137 ff.
- Winner of the 14th science prize award by the Society for Law and Politics in the Health Care Sector (GRPS)